Clarksville Felonies Attorney
Charged with a felony in Clarksville?
Any crime is considered serious, but in cases of charges being filed and the potential penalties, felonies are significantly dangerous than misdemeanors. A misdemeanor is a crime punishable by up to one year in jail, whereas a felony is a crime punishable by more than a year, and often multiple years, and the sentence is usually served in state prison.
Depending on the severity of the crime and the defendant's prior criminal record, life imprisonment is also a possibility for certain felony convictions.
- In Tennessee there are several classifications and different penalties for felonies including:
- Class C felonies, such as cases of intentional aggravated assault can result in 3-15 years in prison if convicted
- Class B felonies, such a robbery/theft and certain lesser drug crimes can result in 8-30 years in prison if convicted
- Class A felonies, such as more serious drug crimes and certain sex crimes charges, often result in between 15-60 years in prison if convicted
- Capital crimes, such as murder or criminal homicide, often result in life imprisonment or the death penalty if convicted.
If you or a loved one have been arrested for or charged with a felony, you are in need of a Clarksville criminal defense attorney at the firm right away. Charges and convictions for felonies can severely impact not only your immediate freedom, but your family and your life.
You do, however, have the right to remain silent and that right must be exercised. You also have the right to an attorney, and the one you choose to represent you can have a significant impact on the final outcome of your case.
Defending Felony Charges in Clarksville
The attorneys at the firm understand the stress and worry that you are dealing with when accused of a serious felony. The attorney will review each case personally, taking the time to thoroughly analyze all the facts and evidence in order to advise you of the best legal options in your case, whether negotiating reduced charges, seeking a dismissal, or pursuing an acquittal at trial.
The attorneys at the firm are criminal attorneys representing clients in the Clarksville and Montgomery County, Tennessee areas. The attorneys at the firm have years of experience and an impressive record of success representing clients who are accused of felony offenses.
If you or a loved you have been charged with committing a felony, you need to contact a Clarksville felonies attorney at Grimes, Sensing & Clemons PLLC immediately in order to schedule a confidential consultation and review of your case.