Jeffry S. Grimes limits his practice to Tennessee state courts from General Sessions through the State Supreme Court. He has tried cases before a jury including first degree murder, attempted first degree murder, drug manufacturing, weapons charges, sex offenses, theft charges, and DUI. He has conducted hundreds of motion hearings, preliminary hearings, settlement hearings, and bench trials in Circuit Court, General Sessions Court ,and Juvenile Court.
He has successfully defended and obtained dismissals or not guilty findings on numerous cases including attempted first degree murder, aggravated sexual battery, carjacking, especially aggravated kidnapping, rape of a child, especially aggravated robbery, possession of weapon on school property, DUI, aggravated assault, aggravated burglary, arson, domestic assault, felony and misdemeanor drug cases, to the most minor of charges such as criminal trespassing and disorderly conduct.
- State of Tennessee
1989-1992: United States Army, Psychological Operations Specialist. Psychological Operations Specialist Course, John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center and School, Fort Bragg, NC. United States Army Airborne School.
Veteran: Operations Just Cause and Promote Liberty in Panama. Operations Desert Shield and Desert Storm in Saudi Arabia, Iraq and Kuwait. Operation Provide Comfort in Northern Iraq and Turkey.
Combat patch: 1st Special Operations Command (Airborne). United States Army Civil Affairs and Psychological Operation Command (Airborne).
- Airborne Badge with bronze star for combat jump.
- Army Commendation Medal x 2
- Army Achievement Medal
- Humanitarian Service Medal
- Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal with bronze Arrowhead
- Southwest Asia Service Medal.
The University of Tennessee College of Law - Knoxville, TN
- Juris Doctorate - 1997
- Member of the College of Law's National Trial Team
- Member of the Moot Court Board
- Recipient of the Constitutional Law II Award for being the top student in Constitutional Law II
Austin Peay State University - Clarksville, TN
- Bachelor of Science - 1994
- Tennessee Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (TACDL)
- Montgomery County Bar Association - Board of Directors