Jeffry S. Grimes
Jeffry S. Grimes limits his practice to Tennessee state courts from General Sessions through the State Supreme Court. He has tried cases before a jury including First Degree Murder, attempted first degree murder, drug manufacturing, weapons charges, sex offenses, theft charges, and DUI. He has conducted hundreds of motion hearings, preliminary hearings, settlement hearings and bench trials in Circuit Court, General Sessions Court and Juvenile Court.
He has successfully defended and obtained dismissals or not guilty findings on numerous cases including attempted first degree murder, aggravated sexual battery, carjacking, especially aggravated kidnapping, rape of a child, especially aggravated robbery, possession of weapon on school property, DUI, aggravated assault, aggravated burglary, arson, domestic assault, felony and misdemeanor drug cases, to the most minor of charges such as criminal trespassing and disorderly conduct. See case results for a listing of some results.
Admitted to Tennessee Bar, October 23, 1997.
Juris Doctor, May 16, 1997.
The University of Tennessee College of Law, Knoxville, TN 1997.
- Member of the College of Law's National Trial Team.
- Member of the Moot Court Board.
- Recipient of the Constitutional Law II Award for being the top student in Constitutional Law II.
Bachelor of Science, August 12, 1994.
Austin Peay State University, Clarksville, TN.
Continuing Legal Education (Not a complete listing)
- TACDL's Legislative Update & Case Law Review, Nashville, June 22, 2012. TN Assoc. of Criminal Defense Lawyers (TACDL).
- Ethical Obligations of Criminal Defense Attorneys, Nashville, May 23, 2012. Nashville Bar Association. (NBA).
- Legislative and Judicial Update, Clarksville, May 11, 2012, Montgomery County Bar Association. (MCBA).
- TACDL's 2011 DUI Training, Nashville, October 20-21, 2011. (TACDL).
- Criminal Legislation Update, Clarksville, Aug 11, 2011. (MCBA).
- Forensic Toxicology for Attorneys 2011: Alcohol, Drugs, and How to Use an Expert, Nashville, July 29, 2011. Toxicology Labs, Inc.
- Drug Court Update, Clarksville, July 14, 2011. (MCBA).
- Legislative Update and Case Law Review, Nashville, July 24, 2011. (TACDL).
- DUI Update, Clarksville, March 10, 2011. (MCBA).
- Presenter: 2010 Fall Montgomery County General Session Primer: Special Training for New Attorneys, Clarksville, November 19, 2010. (TACDL).
- Probation, Parole and the Sex Offender Registry, Clarksville, June 17, 2010. (MCBA).
- Singing the Tune of Victory in Street Crime Cases, Memphis, April 2010, National Assoc. of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL) .
- DUI Boot Camp, Tunica, Mississippi , October 2009 (TACDL).
- DUI Update in Montgomery County, TN, Clarksville, August 13, 2009. MCBA.
- Montgomery Co. General Sessions Court Training, Clarksville, May, 22, 2009, TACDL.
- Understanding and Defending DUI Cases, Nashville, April 17, 2009, Fact Finder Investigations.
- Anatomy of a Murder Case, Part I, Nashville, December 5, 2008, TACDL.
- Orders of Protection, Clarksville, April 10, 2008, MCBA
- The Sword of Suppression: Fighting at the Front with New Ideas, Motions & Cross Points, Nashville, December 7, 2007, TACDL.
- Criminal Law update and relevant cases for the criminal attorney, Clarksville, Feb 8, 2007. MCBA.
- Recent Developments in Tennessee Criminal Law with Public Defender Roger Nell, Clarksville, April 27, 2006. MCBA.
- Standardized Field Sobriety Testing Certification Course (NHTSA Course), Boerne, Texas, October 2005. Walden, Platt & Associates.
- This training course certifies the attendee in the most current NHTSA approved SFST training curriculum. This is the same NHTSA SFST training course that law enforcement officers are trained in nationwide and testify to in court.
- "Tricks of the Trade" DUI / Criminal Law Seminar, Clarksville, July 2005. Montgomery County Bar Association
- Defense's Organization, Preparation and Strategies for a Criminal Trial, Nashville, December 2004, TACDL.
- Ethics, Best Practices and Case Law Update in Juvenile Court Cases, Nashville, November 13, 2004, Tennessee Court Improvement Program.
- The Rules of Evidence, A Trial Judges Perspective, Clarksville, October 3, 2002, Clarksville, MCBA.
- How to Get the Right Expert, Nashville, November 30, 2001, TACDL.
- Clarksville Criminal Law Seminar, Clarksville, November 8, 2001, Clarksville Seminars.
- Clarksville Juvenile Justice Seminar, Clarksville, September 5, 2001, Clarksville, Clarksville Seminars.
- 28th Annual Meeting and Seminar, Nashville, August 23, 2001, TACDL.
- TACDL's Second Annual Trial College, Memphis, June 6-8, 2001, TACDL.
- Forensic Evidence in Criminal Cases, Nashville, March 1, 2001, Federal Public Defender Office.
- Introduction to Criminal Defense, Nashville, March 14, 2001, Federal Public Defender Office.
- Cops, Chemistry and Confusion, Clarksville, December 6, 2000, SBI Seminars.
- Opening Statement and Jury Selection, Nashville, November 1, 2000, TACDL.
- Annual Meeting & Trial Tactics Seminar: Getting Ready for the Next Hundred Years, Nashville, August 28-29,1999, TACDL.
- Practical Aspects of Defending the DUI and DUI Accident, Nashville, June 19, 1998, SBI Seminars.
United States Army, Psychological Operations Specialist
Psychological Operations Specialist Course, John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center and School, Fort Bragg, NC.
United States Army Airborne School
Operations Just Cause and Promote Liberty in Panama.
Operations Desert Shield and Desert Storm in Saudi Arabia, Iraq and Kuwait.
Operation Provide Comfort in Northern Iraq and Turkey.
1st Special Operations Command (Airborne)
United States Army Civil Affairs and Psychological Operation Command (Airborne)
Airborne Badge with bronze star for combat jump.
Army Commendation Medal x 2
Army Achievement Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal with bronze Arrowhead
Southwest Asia Service Medal.
View our firm's profile at FindaCriminalDefenseAttorney.com.